Digital Signage – An Opportunity for Growth
Yes, there is a lot of Dynamic Digital Signage (DDS) in our world today, but a study of this market would strongly suggest we are still in the main body of growth.
Now that the market is now mature, there is a lot of parity on the content management systems (CMS) and many things in common across all DDS projects
Business Value Must Be the Number 1 Driver for the Reason to Even Make the Investment
Using a common movie line “If you build it, they will come,” well, that is simply not true in DDS, There has to be a business reason and metrics to make a true ROI and ROO for a DDS investment.
There are Four points to consider for a successful DDS program.
- The Millennial’s are here and they expect Interactivity. Now, even our 2 years-olds walk up to every TV and expect it to respond to their touch.
- It must be sticky. We must deliver a call to action that makes our signs sticky – drive them to our social media sites and web sites, take it with them on their smartphone.
- DDS is not a Box. Regretfully, many still see the purchase of DDS as a box or switch sale without consideration of all 7 key elements of the DDS ecosystem.
- DDS is no longer just an indoor “thing.” With the advent of high resolution LED signs, laser projectors that do not require bulbs and weather hardened kiosks, DDS systems no longer have an indoor restriction.
I close with this one final and all inclusive reason that DDS done right is so relative and worthy of investment. We can no longer say, not in my town, not in my local school, not in my small airport, not in my church…. Acts of terrorism are, regretfully, a reality for all of us, regardless of location. DDS can, and should, play a large role in help us during times of crisis to know what to do and where to turn.
Ready to begin your Digital Signage program?
Start out with our strategy questionnaire.Digital Signage Questionnaire
Latest posts by Mike White, CTS . DSCE (see all)
- Creating an Emotional Connection with Dynamic Digital Signage - November 14, 2017
- Green Initiatives: Using Digital Signage to Safeguard the Environment - January 3, 2017
- Dynamic Digital Signage – Interactive and Sticky - July 14, 2016