Reports to: Director of Engineering
Goals and Outcomes:
Validating audio/visual designs and preparing them for successful installation, supporting the Design Engineer with CAD conversion of sketches into comprehensive system wiring and architectural coordination documentation.
- Produce comprehensive system wiring and architectural documentation
- Create one-lines, wiring details, and rack elevations
- Work with Design Engineers in creating or modifying floorplans, reflected ceiling plans, elevations, architectural details, and mounting details
- Revise drawings as needed based on redlines and markups
- Produce As-Built drawings at the end of projects
- Provide a second set of eyes and technical insight during the design revision process
- Interface with the Design Engineers, Field Engineers, Project Managers
- Receive assignments from the Engineering Coordinator and update them on progress
- Install AutoCAD upgrades as needed
- Recommend updates that may improve our process and CAD standard
- Research AV products commonly used in system design to determine technical details
- Follow Unified CAD standard in creation of documentation
- Manage time with respect to project deadlines and keep supervisor aware of scheduling issues
- Manage documentation files and sort accordingly
- Maintain and build block library
- Represent Unified in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Productively interface with all team members and project stakeholders – internal and external.
- Understand and follow Unified policies and procedures.
- Proactively identify and discuss ideas to improve policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate respect to co-workers, customers and vendors.
- Take responsibility for your own actions and activities.
- Promptly reply to all email and voicemail communications, including outside of standard work hours when required.
- Complete timecards daily.
- Keep work area clean and free of clutter, to include (where applicable) office space, company vehicles and job site.
- Keep all scheduled activities current in your Unified MS Outlook calendar.
- Be respectful in the care and handling of all company and client owned resources.
- High degree of proficiency using AutoCAD
- Current familiarity with commercial audiovisual equipment and system design
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with AV system integration highly preferred