AV Installation Technician
Reports to: Regional Associate Operations Manager
Goals and Outcomes:
Responsible for assisting the Lead Technician in setting up, installing, operating, testing, and troubleshooting Audio/Video/Control and related equipment.
- Works with the Lead Tech so that all related information, schedules and documentation is understood.
- Assembling and testing AV equipment racks.
- Verifies all cables, connectors, hardware and tools needed to complete the project are available and collected.
- Assisting with inventory and delivery of all equipment to the job site.
- Installation of all AV equipment per Unified documentation and standards.
- Assisting Lead Tech with minor DSP adjustments and loading control code as necessary.
- Ensures that all equipment is connected and labeled per the drawings.
- Ensures that all trash is disposed of and the site is clean.
- Assisting Lead Tech with system commissioning.
- Occasional travel will be required.
- Represent Unified in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Productively interface with all team members and project stakeholders – internal and external.
- Understand and follow Unified policies and procedures.
- Proactively identify and discuss ideas to improve policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate respect to co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Take responsibility for your own actions and activities.
- Promptly reply to all email and voicemail communications, including outside of standard work hours when required.
- Complete timecards daily.
- Keep work area clean and free of clutter, to include (where applicable) office space, company vehicles and job site
- Keep all scheduled activities current in your Unified MS Outlook calendar.
- Be respectful in the care and handling of all company and client owned resources.
- Understand field cabling standards
- Terminate Cat5/6 UTP & STP
- Terminate BNC, RCA, XLR
- Basic signal flow understanding
- Basic understanding of structural mounting
- Basic AV troubleshooting
- Basic IP networking
- Daily time entries with all appropriate note fields
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintains a clean working space
- Exhibit good Teamwork
- Respect coworkers, clients, and all others
- Take responsibility for own actions and activities