Lead Installation Technician
Job Title: Lead Technician Level 2
Reports to: Installation Manager
Goals and Outcomes:
The lead Technician (Level 2) is responsible for setting up, installing, operating, testing, and troubleshooting Audio/Video/Control and related equipment as well as manage/ supervise all field related operations. Also be responsible for mentoring/training Unified Technicians working on their team.
- Attend the Installation Turnover meeting with the Project Manager, so that all related information, Schedules and documentation is understood.
- Verify all of the drawings, code, site pictures, and job description are complete and you have access to them.
- Assemble and test equipment racks per the rack build schedule.
- Ensure the equipment is programmed, configured and tested prior to onsite installation.
- Make certain all cables, connectors, hardware and tools needed to complete the project are available and collected.
- Maintain a clean an organized van with appropriate tools, ladders and safety equipment.
- Inventory and deliver all equipment to the job site.
- Complete walk through of the site with the PM and go over all details of the installation.
- Verify working times and access to the workspace.
- Install all AV equipment per Unified documentation and standards.
- Perform minor DSP changes and load control code as necessary.
- Ensure that the job is completed to Unified and industry standards for a safe and fully functional system.
- Update project progress in Team Gantt at the end of each day.
- Ensure that all equipment is connected per the drawings.
- If the drawings are incorrect for functionality, mark the necessary changes accordingly.
- Ensure that every wire has a label and it is marked according to the drawings.
- Ensure that the trash is disposed of and the site is cleaner than it was when you arrived.
- Perform and document System commissioning.
- Submit all changes to CAD for as-built drawings.
- Represent Unified in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Productively interface with all team members and project stakeholders – internal and external.
- Understand and follow Unified policies and procedures.
- Proactively identify and discuss ideas to improve policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate respect to co-workers, customers and vendors.
- Take responsibility for your own actions and activities.
- Promptly reply to all email and voicemail communications, including outside of standard work hours when required
- Complete timecards daily.
- Keep work area clean and free of clutter , to include (where applicable) office space, company vehicles and job site.
- Keep all scheduled activities current in your Unified MS Outlook calendar.
- Be respectful in the care and handling of all company and client owned resources
- Current Infocomm CTS certification
- Advanced IP networking knowledge
- Advanced AV system troubleshooting skills
- Setup and connection of VTC units (Cisco, Lifesize, Polycom, etc…)
- Setup and load code into Control Systems (Crestron, AMX, Extron, etc…)
- Setup and load code into DSP (BSS, Biamp, ClearOne, etc…)
- Terminate Fiber
- Install and configure Interactive displays (SMART, Planar, etc…)
- Wireless Microphone frequency coordination
- Video Wall setup and configuration
- Occasional after hours and/or travel may be required.