Network Security Infrastructure (NSI) Technician
Reports to: Regional Operations Manager
Goals and Outcomes: Provide technical installation services for network cabling project
- Knowledgeable of 4-pair / multi-pair copper and fiber color codes
- Pulling cable in large/small commercial offices
- Installing and terminating voice and data jacks (8P8C) · Installing PA speakers and pulling speaker cable
- Pulling and terminating coax cable
- Build and install racks for voice & data patch panels
- Punch down cable on 66 blocks, 4-pair and multi-pair (high count) · Punch down cable on 24 and 48 port patch panels
- Terminating Fiber Optics
- Test and Troubleshoot Single Mode and Multi-Mode Fiber
- Installing and terminating RJ11 and RJ45 mod ends · Splice and repair cable up to 25 pair cable
- Extend Dmark circuits and Install Smart Jacks Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Successfully lead an installation group or team using project management skills.
- Perform advanced testing and troubleshooting for both copper and optical fiber installations.
- Discuss, describe, and evaluate numerous specific applications of cabling installation.
- Make recommendations based on applicable codes, standards, and best practices.
- Implement the job plan and scope of work as well as perform retrofits and upgrades for existing infrastructure.
- Successfully terminate various types of copper connectors.
- Properly explain the importance of safety and professionalism toward optimal job performance.
- Discuss pathways, spaces, bonding and grounding and fire-stopping.
- Make decisions based on applicable codes, standards, and best practices.
- Choose the correct tool or methodology for specific tasks.
- Must be able to distinguish between colors and possess manual dexterity to complete fine motor tasks. 9800-I Southern Pine Blvd www.xtcorp.com 704-527-1515 Charlotte NC 28273
- Accurately test copper and fiber (multimode and single mode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment as required
- Diagnose and correct copper and optical fiber problems
- Removal and demolition of abandoned cables
- Maintain and reference industry standards including ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local and Low Voltage Code · Determine closet and equipment layouts and install closet hardware including
- backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels and fiber enclosures, and
- balance video equipment
- Install entrance facility grounding infrastructure and perform grounding tests
- Perform cable splices for both copper and fiber
- Perform and supervise work in retrofit and new construction environments and implement cut-overs
- Serve as a liaison between office and field, communicating all information that is not classified as confidential
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, documenting test results and as-builts, completing safety reports, keeping safety meeting minutes, maintaining log books, providing labor summary reports, etc.
- Represent Unified Technology Systems in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Productively interface with all team members and project stakeholders – internal and external.
- Understand and follow Unified policies and procedures.
- Proactively identify and discuss ideas to improve policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate respect to co-workers, customers and vendors.
- Take responsibility for your own actions and activities.
- Promptly reply to all email and voicemail communications, including outside of standard work hours when required.
- Complete timecards daily.
- Keep work area clean and free of clutter, to include (where applicable) office space, company vehicles and job site.
- Keep all scheduled activities current in your Unified MS Outlook calendar.
- Be respectful in the care and handling of all company and client owned resources.
- Ability to properly instruct other technicians on techniques, work, etc. as needed to keep project work flowing
- Possess a high level of independent judgment within established procedures
- 4 years of directly related experience
- Be certified as a BICSI Technician, similar certification preferred, or actively seeking/training
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies, cabling standards and components
- Help Desk, Network, VOIP, Wireless, and Video Experience considered a Major Plus
- Ability to work extended hours (overtime) and weeks as needed
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.