Provide an outline of AV system solution that fulfills the use requirements as determined by meeting with the customer. The solution will specify system capabilities as well as limitations. The SE supports the Sales team throughout the proposal process. Sales engineer will provide visual and verbal explanation of system capability and limitations to executives and consultants. SE will assist sales persons with presenting and explaining proposal and company value.
- Accompany salesperson upon request on initial site visits to help determine the customer’s needs
- Document site information through site survey forms and photos
- Assist the sales person in constructing a preliminary scope of work (SOW) noting system capabilities and limitations based on customer’s stated objectives
- Develop and provide sales with a budgetary estimate based on the agreed SOW.
- Visually present technology demos to customers.
- Interface with Client executives and management as required.
- A rough system flow diagram will be created and saved into CRM.
- Answer questions from the Design Engineer on site and scope related topics
- Upload required documents to CRM.
- Maintain current knowledge of manufacturers’ offerings, capabilities and trends in the Audio/Visual industry.
- Mark up architectural drawings that illustrate the intended placement of Audio/Visual components, i.e., floor plans, ceiling plans, elevations, etc.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective line of communication with the other team members.
- Represent Unified in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Productively interface with all team members and project stakeholders – internal and external.
- Understand and follow Unified policies and procedures.
- Proactively identify and discuss ideas to improve policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate respect to co-workers, customers and vendors.
- Take responsibility for your own actions and activities.
- Promptly reply to all email and voicemail communications, including outside of standard work hours when required.
- Complete timecards daily.
- Keep work area clean and free of clutter, to include (where applicable) office space, company vehicles and job site.
- Keep all scheduled activities current in your Unified MS Outlook calendar.
- Be respectful in the care and handling of all company and client owned resources.
- CTS Certification with CTS-D highly desired
- 1-2 years in the Technology/AV consulting field – Design or Integration
- Bachelor Degree in engineering related field is preferred; or equivalent professional experience
- Understanding of budgetary proposals
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Ability to review blueprints and customer specifications to develop cost estimates.
- Fundamental knowledge of network infrastructure and network routing and security. Full understanding of network topography and terminology preferred.
- 5 years or more of previous employment in an engineering or technical position with an AV integration firm, preferably with design and installation related responsibilities
- Full understanding of AV design production in AV floor plans, riser plans, elevations, sectionals, system and control diagrams and writing specifications
- Proficient in MS Office and general PC based applications
- Possess and maintain an excellent understanding of A/V best practices
- Ability to convey technical viewpoints to non-technical personnel
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings (architectural, mechanical, and electrical systems)
- Strong understanding of AMX, Crestron and Extron control systems
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think and work independently and meet necessary deadlines
- Ability to interact with field personnel, management and customers
- Occasional afterhours and/or travel may be required.